Slider

Tutorial: Toddler Leg Warmers from Socks

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

This past weekend I was getting into the holiday spirit and I decided to put Boo Bears Halloween bow on, which led to a matching orange onsie.  It is getting a bit chilly here so she needed pants but I didn't really have any to match her festive outfit so I thought leg warmers!  How stinkin darling are these on her?!?
 

After the leg warmers thought, I went straight to the hubby's sock drawer and ten minutes later, toddler leg warmers!  It is seriously that easy!  You take a pair of socks....

Cut the top portion, and a piece if the heel like so.


Fold the piece of the heel wrong sides together so the right side is facing out.

Pin it to the top of the long sock strip you just cut.  Line up those raw edges and pin.

Sew all the way around and then zig zag the edge.

And in minutes you have toddler leg warmers!  So easy I can't wait to make more!  Now I am on the hunt for some knee high socks to convert.

If you love leg warmers and want some fun crocheted ones, be sure to visit my sister in law's facebook page, Nature Mamma Handmade.  She sells them at a great price and can custom make them. 

4 comments:

  1. These are super cute and that top photo is just precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are too cute, and your model is adorable! I like this idea so much that I pinned it and shared the pin on my Facebook Page. Please stop by OneCreativeMommy.com and grab a featured button. Thanks for linking up to One Creative Weekend. The new party is open. I hope to you’ll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea -- and the model is adorable! Thanks for sharing on Busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having 13+ years of experience serving knitting importers and brands, our knitting factory is specialized in manufacturing printed men and women socks/ kids socks/ sports socks/ yoga socks/ diabetic socks/ touchscreen gloves/ warm winter gloves/ work and safety gloves/ knit scarf and beanie hats, etc. Yhao sock manufacturer

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright