Slider

Easel to Felt Board in Minutes

Thursday, September 6, 2012

So part of the reason I bought the Ikea Easel [which we still love] is so that I can turn it into a felt board.  I love felt... especially felt stories.  I think it is such a fun hands on activity and she seems to like it too.   Now felt may be cheap but the felt boards online are pretty expensive.  Why not make your own for less than ten dollars and in just a few minutes. 

All you need is a yard of felt and some velcro.  Measure how big the board is being sure to add in the length it takes to fold over.  Cut that that rectangular piece out. Add the soft side of the velcro to the back on the top and bottom.  I sewed mine to the back but if you don't sew just use a glue gun. 
 

Then add the other end of the velcro to the back of the easel to the top and bottom using a glue gun. 
Secure your felt onto the board.  Just match up the velcro and TADA a super easy and big felt board.  The best part is it is removable so if she wanted to use the white board, I could just pull the felt right off.
And I know what some of you are thinking, felt is such a pain to cut, but I have a secret that makes cutting a breeze!  Stay tuned, I will be sharing it soon along with some felt story patterns. 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

10 comments:

  1. Wow - what a great idea for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love felt boards -- and so do kids! Great idea to use the easel! Thanks for linking on Busy Monday – hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for such a great idea!!! We never use the white board side and could totally use a felt board! I am working on this now and wondered if I should have the smoother or the scratcher side of my felt facing the kids. Does it matter which side things stick to? Thanks again so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turns out it didn't matter which side I used. I love that this project was done in 10 minutes and gives something we already an additional use! Thank you!!!

      Delete
  4. We are here to help you out with the whole procedure to Download Microsoft Office online, We not only fix your MS office setup related issues but will guide with how to get started with your new Office 2016 product once it get installed successfully. So why are you waiting for just ask whatever question you have via live chat online.
    Regards - www.office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright