Slider

The Start of a Beautiful Thing

Saturday, September 8, 2012

After finishing my first ever qulit, I was hooked.  I think a few days after I was on the hunt for a set of prints for my next quilt.  It didn't take me long to fall in love with the Flea Market Fancy Legacy collection.  I wish I could say I came up with this combination myself but I didn't.  I actually found these prints put together on Etsy and ordered them on fabric.com.  Isn't it pretty?

I was a big struggle whether to choose the strip quilt or chevron and as you can see I chose strips.  Check out my sewing board on Pinterest for other strip quilt ideas and inspiration.  I am a very methodical person so the idea of not having a pattern or plan makes me uneasy.  I was really nervous about cutting such beautiful fabric into strips because it may not turn out right...  I am glad I did though because I really love the way it is looking so far.

I hope to finish it in the next few weeks so I can make a chevron one.  If you are interested in starting your own strip quilt, I found this blog post really helpful.  She gives some great tips.  Can't wait to show you all the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright