Slider

Adam and Eve Felt Story [Free Pattern]

Monday, September 24, 2012

It has been a wildly busy month for us.  Me oh my!  And as I browse my calendar it just seems to get busier.  Guess that is how it goes when the holidays approach.

Anywhoo, I have been excited to finally share this!  My first of many to come felt story and felt patterns.  We just finished A week and this was our A felt story.   Adam and Eve.  It is very important to us that Cindy is familiar with Bible stories so you will be seeing more of sets like this.  Isn't it adorable?? Some of you may be thinking that looks like way too much cutting but if you know the secret to cutting felt it goes by super fast!

 You can download the pattern HERE and HERE, but I ask that you please not directly load the pattern onto your blog but only use the link to this post.  If you have trouble downloading it, shoot me an email and I will send it to you in 2 different PDF documents.

I made the people blank with "accessories" .  I figure this would save me time.  Instead of making new people for every story I could just make accessories.  I added googly eyes for the eyes and just drew on the mouth with a marker.  Would probably be better if I stitched it on.  Next time I guess.

Now to transform these blank felt dolls to Adam and Eve, they will need hair, shorts, and a dress.

Out of the whole story, I love the way the snake came out.  I know he is suppose to be evil but he is just cute.   Boo Bear seemed to be attracted to him too.  The pattern doesn't include the stripes I made for his back but you can free hand it.

I also love that the tree has removable apples.  One for Adam and one for Eve.   I glued the rest of them down.  When I told her the story,  I let her put the apple in Eves hand and mouth.  She enjoyed that. 

Felt is such a fun and different way to tell a story.  And if you don't have a felt board, just turn your easel into one like in THIS tutorial.  She is still a little young to fully enjoy it but if I catch her at the right time, I can get through the whole story.  I can't wait until she is old enough to use the felt to tell me the story.  Now print the pattern and make your own!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting me and commenting at OneCreativeMommy.com. I'd love it if you linked up some of your great ideas at One Creative Weekend on my site. The party is open Fridays-Wednesdays every week. Hope to see you there!

    I also have a felt food/projects linky party that is always open. This project would be perfect! I'm pinning this to use for a family night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felt is perfect for little ones -- and you can be so creative with it! Like the cute serpent -- evil isn't always ugly :-) (That's one of the teen lessons I teach -- just had to say that.) Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright