Slider

The Honeymoon is Over

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I am getting close to the three month mark on my Fit for Life goal and it has been an up and down battle.   After the last time I chatted with you all about it, I was doing really well.  I was hitting my goals, feeling motivated, and yup even going running almost every day.  I could actually see a change in my body.  I would coin it the honeymoon phase.

My relationship with working out is like marriage.  When you first date or get married it is all peaches and cream.  For one,  you just want to be around each other all the time, everything is easy, you don't fight and it is perfect.  That was the first few weeks of working out.  I was pumped, I wanted to work out all the time, and it was perfect. 

And then... I hit a bump in the road.  And just like in any relationship, the bump will either make you or break you.  Last week life got the best of me and I was sooo busy and exhausted I hardly worked out.  I lost all the momentum I had built over the last few weeks and it was a bummer.  I went on a run on Monday and it felt terrible.  Why is it so hard to get to one point but so easy to fall back to the beginning? 

It has been a little discouraging, but I have decided to fight on and try to build the fire and motivation that gets me to put on my workout shorts in the morning.  I needed some quick encouragement and a boost in my confidence.  For me, that is getting on the treadmill.  It is so much easier to run on this that pushing a stroller on the trail.  And Cindy didn't mind either because she got to play.  

So, if you have set a workout goal with me and you are struggling, get back up and find a quick encouragement.  Don't let that bump in the road ruin your relationship with excercise. 

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about losing momentum. If I skip working out even once I'll wait weeks (even months!) before starting up again. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright