Slider

DIY: Very Hungry Caterpillar Invitations

Friday, August 3, 2012

Even though this year we aren't planning a big party, I still can't help but think about Cindy's second birthday.  It seems that once I hit the 6 month mark my brain just starts storming.  I have been getting a lot of requests for The Very Hungry Caterpillar invites, this cutie in particular so here it is readers.  I am not sure if this is the one for us yet, but it is darling.

At the very end of the post you will find the templates for the free printable along with instructions on how to insert your child's name and the party information.

 Let's get started.  You will need white, dark green, lightgreen, and red card stock paper.  Print out the template on the white card stock.  Once printed, it's time to cut.  The inches for each piece are listed.

I got this lovely ek circle cutter from cousin Krista for my brithday and I am in love with it!!  It is super easy to use.  I started at the bottom and lined up the blade to the bottom of the circle.  I did one full rotation without actually cutting to make sure it was right and then cut. 

Once all the pieces are cut, glue them on.  You will need some mini brads to assemble them.  If I actually made these for her birthday, I would use red, light green, and dark green brads to correspond with the paper.  Punch a little hole and connect the two pieces.

Once you are finished you will have one super cute invitation that will fit into a nice little envelope.  Just twist to read all the party information! 

If you are making more than 15 of these I would not recommend it unless you have lots of time on your hands.  I just love party invitations!

If you want to make your own, here are the templates.  Download the Large image as shown and then you can print it out.  Choose which of the following links you need. 

[you can fill in the info by hand or stamp it in]



If you want to put in the information using your computer, download the blank invitation and open the picture in paint.  The font I used was Belle West and Scribble Box.  The font size is 50 for Belle West and 120 for Scribble Box.

Once it is open in paint, select the font tool, choose a color, and write what you need in each circle.  You can also use the select tool to move things around.  Save and print.

If you would like me to fill the information on the template, I charge two dollars.  Just shoot me an email.  And with that said, I am now officially building the party fun for Very Hungry Caterpillar.  You can find all the growing links in the tab Party and Gift Ideas

19 comments:

  1. I love them!!!!! Now I want to go to her 2nd birthday party :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! We're doing monkey themed something for her 1st bday, per her papa's planning. I will definitely be keeping this idea n mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! You always make so much effort in birthday parties. Your little girl is so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love Hungry Caterpillar and these invitations are just adorable. Thanks for sharing on Busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this idea...I definitely have it saved for future reference. We are doing a VHC themed 1st birthday for our daughter in a few months. Can you tell me what font you used for the first circle? Your blank template says "another year has passed" and I need to change it to "A year" since she is only one. Thanks so fun for the awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops...thanks so MUCH for the awesome idea. =]

      Delete
    2. Did you figure out how to change the wording? Trobec18@hotmail.com

      Delete
  6. I love, LOVE this invite! However, I'm planning a VHC *half* birthday for my soon to be 6 mo old. Is there any way I could pay to have the invite customized for that? Thanks so much for this awesome invite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you know where she got the circle cutter from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get it at any craft store or on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/EK-Success-Circle-Scissor-Pro/dp/B002RWAX6U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1361102231&sr=8-2&keywords=circle+cutter

      Delete
    2. I got mine from AC Moore for $22.

      Delete
  8. I love this invitation! I am using this idea for my son's 1st birthday party in March! I had to tweak some of the measurements of the circles but they turned out perfect! THANK you so much for doing this blog! I have gotten a lot of inspiration from your party ideas you share.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would love to pay you to personalize. How can I go about contacting you since there doesn't appear to be any email listed? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My email is
      lyndseyarnott@hotmail.com

      Delete
  10. I;ve just made these and i think they are amazing!! they are certainly worth the effort, thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you very much! I love how they came out! Your free template and information was a lot of help, thank you and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  12. When you print the 4 circles, eyes and nose what size of paper do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love these-thanks for sharing! We are throwing A very hungry caterpillar 1st birthday the end of the month. Am hoping to make these-was wondering if you could personalize these for me? Let me know if this would be possible, thank you so very much!!!
    Natalie Bettin
    nbettin@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright