Slider

Recipe: Best Raspberry Smoothie

Thursday, August 2, 2012

I am having one of those weeks that I would like to forget.  It's been a tough one folks hence the lack of being online.  If you are having a tough week like me this smoothie is a guarantee picker upper.  I am not going to claim it is healthy because it isn't and that is why we usually have it for dessert.  Actually, it has a lot of sugar in it but we can overlook that because it is really good.  If you are a health nut, you might be able to find a nice sugar substitute.  Doesn't it look so yummy?!

One random day we were watching Giada and my hubby was so enticed with the smoothie and asked me to make one.  We surprisingly had all the ingredients so I whipped it up and now it is a family fave!  Thanks Giada!

So here is what you will need to make 4 servings:


1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of water
1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
1 cup of frozen raspberries
1/2 cup of apple juice
2 cups of ice
1 tsp of vanilla [optional]

In a small saucepan, make a simple syrup by bringing the sugar and water to a boil over medium-high heat.  Simmer, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves and the liquid thickens [about 5 minutes].  Cool for about 20 minutes.  I usually do this ahead of time and store it in the fridge.

Blend the simple syrup ice, yogurt, raspberries, apple juice, vanilla, and ice  until smooth.  I also like to add a little more raspberries to the mix because we like our smoothies on the thick side.  Finish it off with a nice dollop of whip cream.

It is as simple as that!  You can essentially use any mixture of frozen fruit and if you use fresh fruit just add more ice.  It cheers me up every time!  And for your convenience, here is the printer friendly version:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright