Slider

How to Make Chalkboard Labels

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The other day I was at the craft store looking for nothing in particular when I saw some chalkboard paint.  It sells out pretty fast considering our store is tiny so I bought some not knowing what to do with it.

Well, that didn't last long and now I am in love with chalkboard paint and have already used it on some projects.  I wish they sold the spray paint version so I could try it.  Anywhoo, these labels are so easy to make and would be perfect for so many thing!  Labels for party drinks, the dry food jars in the kitchen, serving trays, and the list goes on.  I used mine for our craft jars [which use to be old spaghetti and sauce jars].
I am now on a mission to collect more jars to store more tiny nick nacks.  Okay but onto the labels.  If you don't have a sitcker maker, you can paint these full sheet labels so the paper is already sticky on the back. 

I took plain scrap cardstock and painted it with the chalk board paint.

I cut out the shapes using my favorite EK scallop punch.

I also cut some out using my Slice.

I ran them through my sticker machine.

Placed them on the jars and TADA chalkboard labels!  I love them and love how easy they are to make!


2 comments:

  1. I love the jars! I have tons saved up in a cupboard. I need to do this project so that I can finally give Hubby a reason why I hoard jars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. same as Min!! I have a ton of Mason jars just piling up with to do projects! LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! Send me your address, we have a local store that always has chalkboard paint on sale(since your store always sells out fast)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright