Slider

Recipe: Chicken Avocado Pita Pocket

Friday, June 20, 2014

Over the last few weeks we have been trying to eat healthier as a family and this includes lunches that I pack for the hubby.  I hate packing him the same ol' sandwich and I try to mix it up a bit.  I saw these Pita Pockets at Walmart for $1.50 [score] and thought it would add a little variety to the mundane weekly lunch.  This chicken avocado pita pocket isn't just yummy it's healthy too.  

This lunch was inspired by Aunt Coleen's chicken sandwich.  You can head to that recipe by clicking on the picture below.

I added all the same ingredients but I made my favorite spread... mayo and avocado with a dash of salt.  It's my favorite.  Once the spread was made I mixed in the left over chicken from our rotisserie and the other healthy ingredients.... almonds, craisins, a little lettuce, celery, red onion.  Yummy and healthy, you can't beat that!  

Would love to hear some of your healthy lunch recipes so please share. 

Until next time.  Toodles!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright