Slider

In Sickness and In Health

Friday, June 13, 2014

 Today is our five year anniversary. If you were a fly on our wall, you wouldn't know it was any special day. Why? Because the hubby and the little one have been sick all week and I think the virus is also catching me.  Let's just say it's been a little crazy at our house.

We may not have done anything extra special [like go to on a fancy date] but it made me think.... this is what marriage is all about. It's about being selfless and understanding.  He was definitely understanding to my crankiness over not feeling well. It's a partnership, I take care of him and he takes care of me. That looked like us taking turns watching the kids so each of us could nap and rest in peace. It's about building a life together and in the process there are days like today where it's not pretty and a little messy.  Like we said in our vows, in sickness and in health... for as long as we both shall live.

 I can't imagine walking through life in sickness and in health with anyone but him.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Patty, so beautifully shared! And while under the weather too! - joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful post! 5 years - wow! I love your take and optimism on so many things :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright