Slider

Ideas for Baby Clothes Quilt

Saturday, June 2, 2012

So this week I skipped pin it and do it Friday because my sister just came for a visit and we have been a little busy busy busy.  But, I have been working on stuff an here is what I have to share....

I finally got my act together and moved all of my crafty things out of Cindy's room.  It should have been a no brainer that I couldn't work while she was napping.  Since then, I have actually started one of them being her onsie quilt.

Most of the items I have saved are her really nice outfits and my favorites of her dresses [and all of the shoes of course].  I gave away most of her onesies but did keep some with the thought that one day I would make her a baby quilt with her baby clothes.  It's always been a dream of mine.  

Here are some of the baby clothes quilts that have inspired me.  I absolutely love this one from Wee Wonderfuls  I will probably use this pattern for the big one in the future.  [I love the white but I don't want to use it because it would get so dirty]:

I also love this one from Why Diss and this design is probably what I am going to attempt because this is my very first quilt. 

This one is from Lucy Locket

Because we might have another little girl in the future, I am not yet ready to chop up those dresses or cute outfits just yet so I decided I am only going to make a baby sized onesie quilt first [for pracitice] and later on in the future I will make a big twin sized one for her. I figure when she gets older she will have one for her and her little baby doll.  Going through the onsies and dresses already brings back so many memories!  I finished cutting and have started sewing.  WISH ME LUCK!  I hope it turns out okay...

want to have a quilt made from baby clothes but you don't know how to sew?  Be sure to check out etsy for a seamstress who can make it happen for you! 

4 comments:

  1. I was just talking to my MIL about making a quilt...regret not starting with the first born...could've been put to good use!
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, the coverlet is just so bracing to the sight! Look at Cindy… she seemed to be so happy to introduce her quilt. Hihi! I have done this idea once – revamping old children’s garments. It’s not a quilt though; it’s a pillow cover and a bandana. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent website you have here, so much cool information!..
    Mother of the Bride Dresses

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright