Slider

What a Husband Needs Part 2

Monday, June 18, 2012

Back from our vacation and I am exhausted!  It was really beautiful though and I can't wait to share the pictures.  Anywhoo.... I am happy to say that I actually finished reading the book and this was the perfect book for this season in my life.

 Sometimes it is one sentence that resonates with me and in this book it was "A long time ago I realized two things that changed my life.  First, I need rest, and second, I can't do it all.  I can only do what God wants me to do".  So simple right?!  But I get in the gotta do everything mode and sleeping comes last.  Mostly I want to craft after taking care of everything but the reality is there is no time and sleep becomes obsolete.  Well, without sleep I am a stink butt and miserable.  Being rested has been a priority and it has done me well.

Secondly, I know I can't do everything but I don't live my life that way.  "You are not just a housekeeper or gardener; you're a manager.  As a manager you do not do everything yourself."  That was an aha moment for me.  I always try to do everything myself never wanting help and when I can't, I freak out and get really disappointed [tears follow].  But she is right, a manager doesn't do everything and I need to delegate.  Now, when the hub helps me sweep or pick up I don't get offended thinking he thinks the house is filthy and I am such a failure for not being able to keep the house clean.  Silly thought isn't it? When he helps, I just thank him, knowing that I need the help.


If you didn't see the quotes I highlighted from the first half of the book you can read them here.  And onto the second half:

A joyful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit dries up the bones.  Proverbs 17:22

Mature love can accept that marriage is different from dating.  A mature wife can accept that the way her husband shows his love now may be through working hard to provide for his family instead of taking you out every week for a long talk over dinner.

Watch your thoughts; they become your words.
Watch your words; they become your actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become your character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

An excellent wife, who can find?  For her worth is far above jewels..... Proverbs 31:10-11.  First note that according to God being a wife is a worthy and valuable role. 

They [husbands] want their homes to be places where they can recharge their batteries. 

Household cleaning is only hard if you don't do it.  It's really not bad if you keep up with it and you kind of have a strategy and a plan of attack. 

Little things make husbands feel loved.

Homemaking is not about having a perfectly clean house or expensive furnishings.  Homemaking is about embracing the most important people in my life -my family- with love. 

A husband needs his wife to be content as a mother.  Does your husband hear more about the problems with the kids or more about your love for them?

Remind me always that the greatest riches in my home are my family members, and help me love them in a way that shows them You treasure them, and I do too.

Your husband needs to know that you choose loyalty to him before you choose loyalty to your mother, your father, your friends, your hobbies, and any other person or activity.

Respect your husband's need to not talk.  Especially during times of stress, your husband needs talk-free time.  

Some husbands really would rather avoid talking altogether, but this may stem from their fear of what's going to happen when you talk. 

I've heard a saying that Jesus will either calm the sea or He will calm me.  

Love your husband by believing in him.

If a man knows his wife believes in him, he is empowered to do better in every area of his life.

God began opening my eyes to the ministry He called me to first, which is serving my husband and children before serving others. 

Whatever God has called your husband to be or do, He has also called you to support it and be a part of it, if in no other way than to pray, encourage, and help him in whatever way possible.  For some women that means creating a good home, raising the children, being there for him, and offering prayer support. 

God has called you to something too. But it will fit in with whatever your husband's calling is, it will not be in conflict with it.  God is not the author of confusion, strife or unworkable situations.   

As you can see, I really enjoyed the second half!  Hope you found these to be encouraging and inspiring as I did.  

3 comments:

  1. This quote is what I needed to hear today. Thank you!

    "God has called you to something too. But it will fit in with whatever your husband's calling is, it will not be in conflict with it. God is not the author of confusion, strife or unworkable situations."

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright