Slider

Paris, Munich, Bavarian Alps

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I always have the hardest time recuperating from a vacation.  I am convinced that I am more exhausted coming back from vacation than before we left.  But I can't complain because I love traveling and seeing the world so it is well worth it!  Last week was jam packed and I don't really expect anything less when traveling with the hub.  He is an adventurer.

We kicked off the summer vacay in Paris.  My little sis really wanted to see Paris so we made it happen.  She and I went for the entire day... just the two of us, hopping on and off the subway to see the top four sights.  How awesome of the hubby to watch the little monster and I admit I really missed them.

For lunch, we stopped by this little bistro and couldn't resist getting desserts.  It was delicious and I am still thinking about that strawberry macaroon!

After a day of rest and packing we headed off to the Bavarian Alps.  Oh my word how beautiful it was!  I love being in the mountains surrounded by all the gorgeous trees.  One of my favorite places we went to was Lake Eibsee.  We walked 4.5 miles around the perimeter and it was stunning!  
I sure got my workout walking half of it with my Boo Bear on my back!  Shesh!  I know she won't remember me carrying her around all these places so one day I hope we can live in an area like this.  

I just had to share this because I thought it was so neat.  Same waterfall but in one picture it looks so big and in the other so small!  Yes, I am a dork.

My favorite part of the trip was going to the Zugspitze, which is the tallest mountain in Germany.  It was comparable to seeing the Grand Canyon and the pictures don't even do it justice!  I was in mere awe of God's creation!  

We had a blast spending the day up there [roughly 10,000 ft!].  When we left on the tram it was 80 degrees and 30 minutes later we were playing in the snow!  I got sunburned going sledding in the middle of June.  Just odd but so much fun.  I was the biggest kid out there on my yellow sled.

Another place that left an impression was visiting the concentration camp, Dachau. I have seen so many images and studied the Holocaust in school but it was just eerie seeing it in real life.  It will be forever ingrained in my memory.  The inhumanity that occurred is unbelievable.  I can't even begin to imagine what they went through. 

So this is what I have been up to this past week... seeing, walking, driving, and sledding.

1 comment:

  1. This all looks like so much fun! I'm jealous of all your travels, haha!

    Check out my second blog! It's new!

    raulandmegan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright