Slider

Recipe: Frozen Hot Chocolate

Thursday, June 21, 2012

I don't know anyone who loves milk more than I do.  We go through gallons a week and in the winter time even more because I love hot chocolate.  Seriously, I probably drink one every night once it starts to get cold.  When I was browsing pinterest and found this recipe and I just had to try it.  Why not have hot chocolate in the summer? 
When I first tried the recipe it wasn't sweet enough for us [or ice-y enough] so I altered the original recipe and added more chocolate chips and ice.  Below is the how to for two large glasses:

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons of sugar
1 package of hot cocoa mix [about 3 tbsp]
2 tbsp of butter
1 cup of chocolate chips
3/4 cup of white chocolate chips
12 ounces, fluid can evaporated milk divided
5 cups of ice
whip cream

Combine the sugar, cocoa mix, and butter in double boiler and stir often until melted and a smooth paste forms.  Add chocolate and white chocolate chips and stir.  When the chips begin to melt, slowly stir in 1/2 cup of the evaporated milk.  Stir until smooth and let it cool.

Place the chocolate-y goodness mixture, the rest of the evaporated milk, and ice in the blender and let it rip.  Blend until smooth, pour into glasses and top with a sky high pile of whip cream.

It is really good and it surprisingly tastes just like hot chocolate, except cold and sort of like a shake.  A recipe worth trying and one that is in our family cook book.

5 comments:

  1. wow o wowwwerzz. that recipe is decadent! i want to try it, but only if u make it, thanks a munch! your family cookbook is probably the coolest i know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try this. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that looks fantastic! The temperature is supposed to be rising here in the next few days so this would be a perfect way to cool down. Thanks!

    Sara @ You.And.Me.Are.We (stop on by!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing and super delicious. Just what I need during these brutal summer months. Thanks for sharing!

    The Tiny Librarian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to try!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright