Slider

Recipe: Easy Peasy Salsa

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The first time I ever made salsa, it was a disaster.  Randy and I were just married and he was watching some sports game.  He mentioned how it would be nice to have some chips and salsa so I tried to make it happen.  I baked some chips from corn tortillas and attempted to cut fresh tomatoes and a bunch of other stuff and mixed it all together.  Let's just say it sucked and he was really nice and ate some of it anyways.  It still makes me laugh to this day.

But I have learned since then and this salsa recipe is not like my first attempt.  It is actually really good that he almost didn't believe that I made it. Ha!  It tastes just like the salsa we have at this resteraunt called El Toreo and it is super easy to make.  You can find the link to the recipe here.  I tweaked it just a little to fit our taste buds.  Looks yummy doesn't it?!
Ingredients
1/2 can of diced tomoatoes
1 can of original Rotel
1/2 small onion roughly chopped
1 clove of garlic, peeled and chopped
1/2-1 jalapeno [I seeded it because I don't like it too spicy]
1/4 tsp of honey
1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1 handful of cilatro slightly chopped
1 lime

I wasn't sure what Rotel tomatoes were so here is what the can looks like in case you were wondering too:

It isn't called easy peasy for nothing.  You place everything in the food processor [or a really good blender], pulse it a few times or until you get the consistency you want.  Taste the salsa and add whatever you think it needs more of.  Then sit back, turn on the tv and enjoy.




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that. Am glad you explained about Rotel because I ddin't have a clue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "add whatever you think it needs more of." My kind of cooking! Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks good. i have three really easy salsa recipes that i will put into a post to share with you, i think you'd like them

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright