Slider

World Down Syndrome Day 2014 - Baby Knightly

Thursday, March 20, 2014





   
I recently saw this video yesterday and it made me remember a special someone.  I want to share with you something that has touched my heart. Over a year ago a friends of mine (Drexelle and David) gave birth to their precious son Knightly. I was so excited to hear that she was pregnant let alone giving birth. I later found out that she had given birth and that her son had down syndrome. Her and her husband also didn't know before hand that they were giving birth to a son with down syndrome. Read their delivery story and discovery of down syndrome here.
 (Warning: I would grab some tissues first before you read it.)

This part of the blog post still resonates in me til this day and it is this part... 
"She then walked over to the baby, picked him up, and proceeded to pinpoint and touch every feature on his body that she said resembled  DS.  As she pointed at every feature, I felt my heart break with each remark.  Everything I had been memorizing, every part of him I had loved – felt like she was saying was flawed."

That was the part where I just lost it. I remember becoming so angry, angry at the nurses and doctors and wondering if they were gracious in delivering this news to my friends. I was imagining them poking, prodding, and criticizing every detail on knightly. This may or may not have been the case but that is how I felt. 

Then I remembered this verse popping up in my head immediately!
for this printable email quitedainty@gmail.com

In honor of Knightly let us celebrate World Down Syndrome Day 2014 tomorrow!

 My Message to Knightly...
 Dearest Knightly,
I just want you know that because of you I am no longer ignorant about Down Syndrome (although I still have a lot to learn). You truly are a gift. Because of your life I am that much more able to love like Christ. Always know that you are fearfully and wonderfully made. The Lord is using you and your life to draw people closer to Christ. You bring so much joy to your parents and to your family. You really are a gift and I pray that there will not be a day in your life where you will ever doubt that.
Lord Bless You,
Be sure to check out his parent's blog here http://www.dparkphotography.com/blog/ .





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright