Slider

Recipe: Italian Meatball Subs

Monday, March 24, 2014

I have been meaning to share this recipe for a long time and so happy to finally have a chance to do so.  It's one of our faves and it was given to me by a dear friend in Germany.  I have made meatballs before but after making this I have never tried another recipe.  I think what makes this recipe so yummy are the fresh ingredients, the heavy cream, and cooking the meatballs in the sauce as opposed to the oven.  You can eat it with noodles but I usually turn it into meatballs subs and the hubby loves it!


Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 egg
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 plain breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano
1 tbsp fresh parsley
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese.

1.  Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl by hand.
2.  Roll the meatballs about the size of a gold ball. 
3.  Drop raw meatballs into large pot of gently simmering sauce.
4.  Cover pot and simmer for about 2.5 hours.

Once the meatballs are cooked I plop them on some rolls. 

Add a mixture of Parmesan and Mozzarella  

Bake until everything gets toasty. 

And WALA a yummy meatball sub dinner!  It won't disappoint. 

Until next time.  Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright