Slider

Scheming with the Leprechaun

Saturday, March 15, 2014

I can't believe St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner!  We have started getting in the holiday spirit and I've been scheming with the leprechaun in preparation for a very green and fun Monday. 


During college,  I worked as a teachers assistant for the best first grade teacher EVER.  She was so awesome and every year you can guarantee that the leprechaun would come to visit the classroom.  The kids would get so excited to see the room in so much mayhem... little footprints on their desk, little leprechaun clothes and shoes, and later on their special treat.  It was a blast!  

 This year the leprechaun will be visiting our house!  I am oober thrilled she is old enough to enjoy my crazy little antics.  It makes it even better that she gets overly excited about the littlest things [she gets it from me I guess]I've already given little Mr. Leprechaun permission to ransack her room, leave his footprints here and there, turn our milk green, and sure use our bathroom too.  I'm so curious to hear what she will say when she sees the green water in the toilet.  This mom from The Fickle has some great ideas on her blog for things you can do.  

Earlier this week we made colored paper chains [great color sorting activity] and hung them up to look like a rainbow.


I've filled her little black pot with a few treats to put at the end of her paper chain rainbow because we all know there is gold at the end of every rainbow.

   She loves jelly beans, so rainbow jelly beans with gold coins. 


 I also found this free printable for new crayons at Make it and Love it.  Cute and really simple to make.

I saw this fun activity at Pink Stripey Socks and thought it was perfect for us to do in the morning!  I froze some real one dollar gold coins that her daddy got as change from a vending machine in this green block of ice and sprinkles.  With some drops of salt water she will be able to dig them out.  How fun is that?!  Hunting for gold and using it to get a Shamrock shake at Mc Donalds!!!  I can't wait! 

I've planned our special breakfast and lunch but planning on keeping those a surprise until the day of.  You can check out my Pinterest board for some ideas of your own.  I'm still debating about whether to make those over the rainbow cupcakes I made two years ago. 

If you want to plan a craft here are some we have already done.  A silly leprechaun with a beard made from left over yarn I found in my stash. I saw these hand print rainbows on Pinterest and couldn't resist.  They are just too cute! Rainbow made from fruit loops and cotton balls for clouds.   

Can you tell I'm excited?!  Hopefully baby brother will hold on until after Monday.  If you want to do something fun for St Pattys Day it's not too late.  Get inspired and start plotting with that pesky little leprechaun.  

Until next time.  Toodles! 
Make It and Love It

2 comments:

  1. You are too cute, Patty! I think Cindy has the best childhood ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee! These ideas all look really great. You must be part leprechaun... because Cindy's going to have a magical day. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright