Slider

Top Three Back to School Tips

Monday, August 5, 2019


August always hits me like a freight train. I'm torn with wanting summer to last a little longer and eager to get back into the school routine. It may feel like there are a million things to get done. Rest easy mama you can do it! After doing this a few years I feel as though I am getting a handle on the transition. Here are my top three back to school tips:

1. Take the first day of pictures a few days before. 
If you're a crazy picture mama like I am, this tip is for you. I have my kids wear their first day of school outfit, we go outside and have fun with it.  There's no time restraint, no pressure on, no stress.  It takes the rush out of getting that perfect first-day picture in the midst of the crazy gotta get out of the house to not be late on the first day.  That blog post is HERE. 
Bonus tip: I only buy the kids a first-day outfit because it still generally feels like summer. I wait to buy fall clothes at the end of September.
2. Have multiple lunch boxes/Bentos and keep it simple 
This is for the mama who packs lunches. Yumboxis our favorite bento and they are the best! I love the slots, quality, and they are adorable! 
Let's face it though, I am not the best at dishes so if this was our only bento I would be frantic every day. We also useEasy Lunch Boxeson the daily. The boss takes it to work every day. Both are dishwasher safe and make packing simple.
I also like to keep meals simple. I pack the same lunch for the whole week; meat, veggie, fruit, treat. Back when the little lady was going to public school I would also let her buy lunch on Fridays. She thought it was a special treat for her but it really was to give the mama a break haha. 
3. Buy all the things NOW
I've been the one who waited to go back to school last minute. Have mercy never again! It was a hot mess and I make it a point never to do that again. If your school offers that cool service where you can buy the box that is delivered to your kid's classroom, I recommend using it. 
If you have to shop as I did, go mid-week morning if you can to avoid the crowds. This year I organized it all in reusable bags that the teachers can keep and loaded up their backpacks with all the things. DONE. It may have taken me all day, but it is DONE! 
I've got an entire Pinterst Board that will help you get motivated and inspired to get back to school! Let us make this transition as seamless and joyful as possible! 

Lots of Love,

Welcome Home is a participant in Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by sharing and linking for ya'll Patty May's favorite thing from Amazon.
                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright