Slider

How to Use Fondant to Decorate Any Cake

Saturday, August 10, 2019

Making my kids' birthday cakes is my favorite traditions.  I love to do it AND I love saving money doing it.  It is not perfect by any means BUT they don't care.  What matters to them is they have a special cake. 

I've had the pleasure to make some cakes for friends and most recently superhero-themed ones.  Ya'll it's super easy!  If you've ever played with play-doh you will be able to use fondant to make just about any cake.  Here are my two tips:

1. Order a premade pre frosted cake.  
Have whatever bakery you choose to frost it in a base color.  The bulk of cake making is the baking, stacking, and frosting, AND this saves you from having to cover the cake in fondant which can be a pain. 



2. Buy premade, pre-colored fondant.
Love this brand of fondant.  Color fondant HERE and black fondant HERE.  So easy to use and if you store it in zippy, you'll be able to use it again.  

Instead of showing you a photo step by step it's easier to watch the video.  You'll want to watch both because I share different tips on each one. Here is the Batman cake.
Here is the spiderman cake.



If you're throwing a superhero-themed party I have a Pinterest Board you can check out HERE

CAKES FROM THE PAST 
If you want to check out any of the cakes from the past just click on the image below.  Just a note the Dr. Seuss cake shows an inexpensive option to fondant and the caterpillar cake shows how to make your own marshmallow fondant.
          

     

Happy Crafting,





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright