Slider

Humility

Friday, May 10, 2013

Just as Patty has been doing some reflecting, I have as well. I love her last post and I am definitely guilty as charged. I love her insight on taking a step back and thinking about what truly is a priority.
 
Lately, I have been quite humbled. Some nights I toss and turn and ask the Lord when is it going to be "MY" time. My time to rejoice, my time to get what I think I deserve, my time to experience accomplishments in my life. My my my... How selfish right? Well today I had another one of those prideful moments, and finally the Spirit led me to a state of humility. What I gleamed from it is that the Lord is control whether I like it or not, I can either trust or be anxious. I will trust although my flesh says to be anxious. After all, He knows what is best for me and at the end of the day His will will be done!
 
I would like to share a few books that have recently been helping me through this journey of humility.

“Encourage others each and every day–nothing’s more important than our words.

Did you know that, on average, each of us speaks about twenty-five thousand words daily? My last book didn’t have that many words. A lot of language is flowing out of our mouths every day and having an impact on those around us. But how much of that flow is fulfilling God’s intended purpose for our speech? How much of it reflects pride, rather than a gospel-motivated humility?” 
- C.J. Mahaney
 
 
 We are told to VOLUNTARILY place ourselves lower than others because God has declared humility a virtue.
- Stuart Scott
 
 
“Preaching the gospel to myself each day mounts a powerful assault against my pride and serves to establish humility in its place. Nothing suffocates my pride more than daily reminders regarding the glory of my God, the gravity of my sins, and the crucifixion of God’s own Son in my place. Also, the gracious love of God, lavished on me because of Christ’s death, is always humbling to remember, especially when viewed against the backdrop of the Hell I deserve.” 
- Milton Vincent

Happy Friday everyone! Hope this has served as an encouragement to you! I'd love to hear if you have read any of these books and the insight you have gotten from them! Feel free to email me at quitedainty@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright