Slider

It's Means You're Doing too Much

Thursday, May 9, 2013

This is not what I had planned to post but it's the end of the day [literally it's 12:22am] and I just don't have time to edit pictures and do all that jazz so I thought I would quickly share something that's been on my heart.

  For the days I have a chance to do a devotional I usually read a chapter from The Purpose Driven Life. This small piece from Chapter Three penetrated deep in my soul.  When I can't get every check on my list completed I always remember this:

"People who don't know their purpose try to do too much- and that causes stress, fatigue, and conflict.  It is impossible to do everything people want you to do.  Just have enough time to do God's will.  If you can't get it all done, it means you're trying to do more than God intended for you to do.   Purpose -driven living leads to a simpler lifestyle and a saner schedule."

I use to always murmur there aren't enough hours in the day and I wish I just had more time... but that bold sentence always smacks me in the face.  It's not that there are not enough hours it's because I'm trying to do too much.  It's a constant battle for me, wanting to do more than what I actually can or should or need to do.  

When I feel like I don't have enough time I just ask myself if it's really a priority... spoiling the hubby, playing with Cindy, cleaning, cooking, spending lots of quality time together, loving on family and friends, and a pinch of "me time" aka crafts.  The rest, like more crafting time and blogging come when there is extra time.  Don't get me wrong, crafting makes me happy but if I sacrifice my family to craft I still feel empty.  When I live my life fulfilling the purpose that God has set for me [wife, mom, sister, cousin, daughter, friend] I am truly  happy  full of joy.    


Happy Thursday. 


2 comments:

  1. From your cousin Nang Angie:

    This was absolutely beautiful. It is amazing to see how amazing your family is and the positive perspective you apply to just living. It seems like only yesterday that you were riding behind me on a bicycle. I always keep you guys in my prayers. Love you, hope to see you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! Thanks for giving me the words I needed to hear tonight. I've been trying to fit ceramics into my schedule, and I was literally yelling at God in my car on the way home from class tonight, asking why he would give me such talent for this, but no time... and I think reading this has given me a peace in my heart knowing that this isn't what God has planned for me right now... :) You're amazing, and I love reading about your little family... it brings me joy!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright