Slider

Cozee Kitchen: Strawberry Peanut Butter Smootie

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

  (I apologize for my poor picture quality, took it on my phone.)

Hello everyone I just wanted to share with you a smoothie I made today that was oh so delicious! Yesterday I had a root canal done and root canal + TMJ = bad news bears! Basically my jaw is in worst condition than my tooth that had the root canal, worst part is that they couldn't find the other canal on my tooth, so I have to have a part 2 of my root canal. Ok that was probably way too much info, but that is what led me to making smoothies.

Let's get started...
Ingredients:
1/2 cup of oatmeal (I grind mine in a food processor because I don't have a good blender)
2 Tbs. of Peanut Butter (or almond butter)
1 Tbs. of Chia Seeds
1 cup of Almond Milk (or regular milk)
2 Tbs. of Agave (or honey)
7 Large Strawberries (can be frozen)
A few ice cubes since I used fresh strawberries.

Toss everything in the blender and blend away! Hence my not so great blender I put it on the Ice Crush mode and it came out great! This makes a great breakfast smoothie or a mid afternoon snack... or simply whenever you crave a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich!

Fun Tip: I put the jar you see above in the freezer for about 2 hours since the hubby was napping and it came out like ice cream... It was really yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Yum!

    I would love for you to share this and link up to my TGIF Link Party! The party is open every Friday and closes at midnight on Wednesday night. Who knows, you just might be featured next week!

    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/2013/05/a-peek-into-my-paradise-tgif-link-party.html

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright