Slider

Tutorial: Barbie Screen Print T-Shirt and Headband

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Before I start the tutorial I wanted to officially welcome Dannielle as a writer on Make it Cozee.  I am so excited to see what she will share with all of us over this coming year.  You can read more about her on the side bar [just look to the right].  Yup I updated my bio too.  God willing I have time, there will be lots of housekeeping done on the blog.  

Now onto this shirt.  I saw this idea on Pinterest of course and no kidding it was super easy to do and it came out really cute!  I would make this shirt again just for my little one because it is darling.


It's easy peasy,  print out the barbie silhouette [printable HERE] to the size you want it.  Just a tip, save ink and print it in gray.  Trace the image onto your freezer paper.  Use your Xacto knife and carefully cut out the image.  Iron the piece with the silhouette cut out, not the actual silhouette onto the shirt [shiny side of the freezer paper down].  Get your fabric paint and start painting the open space.  Be sure to let it dry before you peel the paper off. 

Once it is dry remember to heat seal the image or it will wash off in the washing machine.  Instead of an iron you can also just throw it in the dryer for a few minutes. 

Sew on a bow and TADA a cute little party shirt!  And here is the birthday girl wearing it.

I also got to make her this cute little headband.  To make it, just combine the two bows from THIS tutorial and hot glue it to a headband. 

If you want more detailed instructions on how to do this, check out THIS tutorial.  Stay tuned I have all the pictures from the party to share next time!  Until then, Happy Tuesday everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright