Slider

Organizing Jewlery

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Over the past few weeks I have been really into organizing our house.  I don't know if I'm in the PCS mode of trying to get things together for our big move or it's the Spring cleaning fever.  Dannielle and I must be reading each other's minds because she been organizing as well so we decided to start a Linky Party Operation Organization.  

One of my most recent projects is getting my jewelry organized.   Now that my little love bug is older she has stopped trying to pull earrings out of my ears and the fights over wanting my necklaces have stopped. I had all my jewelry shoved into a makeup bag, but now that I can wear it again I really wanted to create a home for it.  What do you think? 

Now this all cost me the low low price of nothing.  I just used what I had in the house, the frames given to me and stuff I picked up at the Airman's Attic [it's a free thrift store on base].  I picked the big frame at the Airman's Attic, painted it yellow and added the hooks to the top.  In minutes, a necklace hanger.

I also picked up this little coat hanger thingy at the Airman's Attic.  Can't beat free.  It use to be black so I spray painted it grey, hung it up and it holds all the bracelets perfectly.

To hold my earrings I used framed cork boards.  I am not such a fan of the cork look so I covered it.  I cut the cork to fit in the frame, covered it, put the back on the frame and then used pins to hold the earrings.  

The best part about the cork is that you can also use it to hang your studs.  Just push them right in there just like my black ones on the bottom right picture. 

Not to shabby for free and now that I can actually see all my jewelry I try to wear some everyday.  

Have you been organizing too?  Be sure to share your link or email us a photo!  We would love to see your ideas too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright