Slider

Pillow Case and Pillow Sleepover Invitations

Sunday, April 28, 2013

After throwing the Barbie party I had the pleasure of booking another right away.  I'm super excited about this one because it is a sleep over.  How I remember my first sleepover party for my 8th birthday... we played with my new Barbie's, watched It Takes Two, ate a whole bunch of junk, and hardly slept.  I can't wait to share all the fun party things I have been working on but first things first, the invitations.  I love these invites and am archiving them for when Cindy has her first sleep over.  They are real mini pillow cases and the invite is a cardstock pillow.  Can you tell the birthday girl's chosen theme?  Yup Zebra and teal.  

I only had to make a handful so it didn't take much time at all.  I wouldn't recommend these if you have to make more than 10, it could take awhile.  So you start with a folded rectangle piece for the top portion, a ribbon for the trim, and a bigger rectangle piece for the bottom.

1. Sew the ribbon onto the body of the pillow case as close to the edge as you can get it.
2. Line everything up, pin and sew the top portion of the pillow case. 
3. Once everything is attached I like to zigzag the edges.
4. Iron it flat.

Now turn the pillow case right sides together and sew down the sides and along the bottom.  You can zigzag around these edges too.  I made the party invites with a zebra border and printed it on regular card stock.  Then I cut them in the shape of a pillow.

Slip the pillow invite in the case and you are ready to party!  For more sleepover party inspiration and ideas check out Pinterest board HERE.

Happy Sunday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I thin this is one off the most important information for me.
    And i'm glad readin your article. But wamna remark on some general
    things, The site style is wonderful, the articles
    is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers

    Heree is my website ... buy electronics online paying weekly

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright