Slider

Recovering from Belgium

Sunday, October 28, 2012

This is probably the longest time I have gone without posting anything...  Shame on me!  In my defense, it has been quite a busy and wild week.  The good, the bad, and the downright ugly.  As you know we have been on vacation the past two weeks with cousin Krista and even though she has already left, I am still recovering.  You know, the vacation from your vacation.  

So if you are wondering where I have been the past week... in the country that understands me the best.  Beglium, known for their chocolates and of course waffles.  My favorite part of the trip was when we went to Brugge.  Just look at how gorgeous it is!  Oh those fall leaves make my heart skip a beat. 
                            


I was in love with this cute little city.  A must see if you are in Belgium.  And yup, I still have that bum knee and kept on movin'.

It was totally worth the discomfort to see this place.  The canals were just gorgeous!  We took a little boat tour for really cheap and got to see the city a different way.

I could hop around this place all day.

I'm a sucker for brick buildings and beautiful architecture. 

Can you tell I fell in love with Brugge?  Brussels was fun too in a different sort of way.  Definitely more tasty.  I fully enjoyed eating sugary treats there. 

And the peeing little boy was dressed up this time.  The last time I saw him over a year ago he was nude. It made us giggle.

And even though I don't like Brussels as much as Brugge, it is a beautiful city too.

The two weeks have gone pretty fast and we got to see a lot considering my bum knee.  By the end of the trip we were all handicap.  Cousin Krista came down with bronchitis and Boo Bear caught a 24 hour bug in Belgium and she was throwing up all over the place.  Pictures don't exactly tell the whole story hhuh.

And now that the vacation is over, I have gone full speed into finishing up the prep for our Halloween party.  The more I decorate the more excited I get!  I can't wait to show and tell.  Here is a sneak peak of what's brewing at my house....

1 comment:

  1. I studied abroad a couple of years back and traveled to Brussels then Brugge - when we got to Brugge, it was a huge sigh of relief because it was definitely less crazy and more of the scenic Belgium we expected. I miss Europe so much!

    Meg

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright