Slider

Tutorial: Pom Pom Spiders on a Web

Friday, October 19, 2012

In preparation for our Halloween play date I have started to minimally decorate.  We have this small wall that I thought would be perfect for a spider web.  The hubby isn't a fan but the spiders are cute and not scary so it isn't bad.  Aren't they adorable?!  The web took longer than I thought it would but it was worth it. 


The pom pom spiders are really easy to make.  There are a few ways to make pom poms but I thought this way was the easiest.  I actually watched THIS Youtube video to figure it out.  You can also just follow the pictures below.

I completely forgot to take a picture of how the cardboard circles look.  Whoops.  It is a circle cardboard with an inner circle cut out and a slit on the side.  You can reference the video.  One your cardboard is cut, wrap the yard around as much as possible.  The more, the better because it will be fuller. Then cut the yarn through the middle part of the two pieces of cardboard.

Take a piece of yarn and tie it really tight in the middle. Once it is tied, you can pull the cardboard off. 

Once you have the pom made, take some googly eyes and pipe cleaners.  Glue the eyes on and the legs on the side with a glue gun.  I was running low on pipe cleaners but I suggest making the legs longer.  My spiders look a little stumpy.

And that is it!  It is as easy as that.  Happy decorating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright