Slider

Halloween Party Invitations

Sunday, October 7, 2012

The first week of October has passed and I am just getting started on the decorating.  I'm feeling a little behind after seeing so many wonderful Halloweenie crafts out in the blogging world.  This year I thought it would be fun to have a Halloween Play Date for Boo Bear and her friends.  Just something simple.  Get the kiddos in their costumes, eat yummy sweets, and maybe do a craft.  Then, I saw these invitations on Pinterest and I knew they were perfect.


If you know me you know I love paper invitations.  These are relatively easy to make and they are just darling. I couldn't find yellow polka dot scrap book paper so I had to stick to pain boring yellow... but, to make these you will need some card stock, vellum, thick black ribbon, googly eyes, and fancy scissors. 

I printed out all the information on the vellum leaving plenty of room on the top for the bat.  Then, trimmed the bottom with fancy scissors.  I don't know the proper term for them. 

Then cut a long strip of thick black ribbon and tie it into a loose knot to make the bat.  Hot glue on the eyes and head seal the edges of the ribbon with a lighter so it doesn't fray.

Glue the bat onto the vellum.  Them place ea dot of glue on the vellum and glue it onto the card stock.  Yup it is that easy and the invitations come out really cute!  Stay tuned because I have more fun Halloweenie stuff coming this week. 


1 comment:

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright