Slider

Our First Quilt

Sunday, July 29, 2012

It's a first for the both of us. The first quilt I have ever tried to sew and the first she has owned. I started this project about two months ago and it has been an interesting journey.  I am sure I felt every emotion possible in the process.

It began with good intentions.  The quilt I envisioned was perfect in every way.  I did some research, studied some tutorials, and created the pattern.  In the end, it was not perfect by any means... I made some measuring mistakes along the way, had to unstitch and cut certain parts, second guessed my color choices, but I made it through.  This first of many quilts fell short of those good intentions but it is made with love.  When she uses her little quilt, I want her to remember that she is wrapped in my love.

When I think about the process it took me to finish this, I think about my journey as mom.  I am a mom full of good intentions and in the process, mistakes are made and things don't always turn out the way I envisioned them to be.  I look back and wish I could have done certain things better.... but, at the end of the day this precious little girl knows that I love her with all my heart and that is all that matters.

7 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job! My MIL is trying to get me to quilt, but I don't think I have the patience for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am pretty happy with it! It takes a lot of patience but it's worth it in the end :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE how it turned out! I would love to make one like that for Dazlynn one day. I am going to keep all her baby clothes - of course for the newest addition but also so once they are done being reused I can *maybe* attempt such a task! Lol =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcy! Definitely save those clothes!! :-D

      Delete
  5. It's beautiful! Seeing this makes me with I was half as crafty as you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and so creative to have a part of your daughter's childhood last for years to come. Now, I just gotta learn to sew too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright