Slider

Recipe: Balsamic Bruchetta

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I absolutely love bruchetta.  I enjoy all the fresh ingredients, especially the basil.  Oh I could smell fresh basil all day.  This week's dinner menu included spaghetti in which case I would usually serve cheese bread.  BUT I mixed it up a bit and served some yummy balsamic bruchetta instead.  It made the heavy dinner just a little bit lighter and a little more healthy.  Doesn't that mix of fresh ingredients look so tasty?!
So here is the super easy recipe serves 8:

8 Roma tomatos diced
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup of fresh grated Parmesan cheese
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 Baguette

Mix all the ingredients together.  Slice baguette, brush a little olive oil on the top and bottom, and toast it.

Place the tomato mixture on top and WALA a yummy, healthy, easy, fresh side to an Italian dinner.  It also makes for a beautiful appetizer.  And be sure not to place the tomatoe mixture on top until you serve it or else the bread will get soggy.


3 comments:

  1. that looks so yummy, great summer snack :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!!!! I can't wait to make this myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious - on the menu for tonight. Your photos are gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing on busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright