Slider

4th of July Ruffled Skirt

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Anyone else out there struggling with their fitness goal?  I went from being pumped last week to lacking the motivation.  I finally put on my workout gear today just to get myself to get out and go for a run.  Not easy finding the time or energy to do so but it felt so good afterwards.  Hang in there if you set that fitness goal with me and press on!

Anywhoo, we had an awesome fourth of July.  So much better than I could have ever expected and my Boo Bear looked just darling in her little festive outfit.  Procrastinator me waited until the very very last minute [around 9 o'clock the night before] to start the ruffled skirt.  I saw this one from Lucie's Treasure [her stuff is adorable be sure to check out her etsy shop!] and knew it was perfect.   Not too shabby for a first pancake flop right?  And it looked perfect with the ruffled butt onsie. 
Silly me thought I could just wing it and make it up as I went.  Not so smart let me tell you.  I wish I would have taken 15 minutes to read a tutorial before starting so let me save you that same mistake and offer you a great tutorial from MADE.  I made it almost the same way except I added bias tape to each ruffle.  And I thought it was so cute that little missy insisted on wearing her gellies with this outfit.  

And as for our celebration..... it was jam packed fun with carnival rides [can you spot us on the swing?]

her first a pony ride,

a bounce house just for the babies [which she loved]hot dogs, hamburgers, soda pop, running, and playing, and of course an amazing firework show.  It was a day to remember.

I hope you all had just as good of a time celebrating America's birthday! 

1 comment:

  1. Super cute, Patty! She looks adorable :)
    And thanks for linking me :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright