Slider

When in Rome...

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

As I mentioned before, we have been on vacation.  It was remarkable and I never in my life dreamed of visiting such places.  It gives me an itch to start dreaming about the next place we will see.  I didn't realize just how much I love traveling until the hub joined the AF.  

If you haven't guessed by the title, the main trip was to Rome!  So magnificent, rich in history, and full of beauty.  One thing about going in "vacation" with my hubby is the itinerary is a mission sights to be conquered.  Here are the highlights of my favorite places:

The Colosseum... the only thing I could think of was the movie, the Gladiator hehe...

As busy ax it was the Fountain of Trevi was remarkable!  I am still craving the coffee gelato we had there. 

The ruins of Pompeii.  It is so interesting to see how the Romans lived in those times and eerie to see the bodies mummified by the ash.

And you can't go to Rome without seeing Vatican city.  There really aren't words to describe how breath taking St. Peter's Square and Basilica are.

We saw so many things it would take forever for me to tell you all about it so here are some pictures all clumped together.

One of my favorites was the Sistine Chapel and seeing Michael Angelo's painting.  I can't even fathom how he accomplished that!  There were so many people there, I wish I could have sat in that room by myself, laid on the floor, and stared at his work for hours.  Sadly, no pictures were allowed in the actual chapel but you can see the grandeur in the museum.

Doesn't this make you want to get up and just travel?!  I would say me too but this trip pooped me out.  I need a break and as much fun as I had it is nice to be back in the real world.  Now I just have to conquer the house work so I can start crafting again.

4 comments:

  1. I am SO jealous! I've always wanted to go to Rome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same reaction to the Sistine Chapel! All I wanted to do was lay on the floor and take it all in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. your pictures are so awesome. my favorite is with the ivy covered building. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad you are having fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright