Slider

Recipe: Banana Bread

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Right now I am really into cooking and baking... I usually go through waves... cooking, sewing, paper cutting.... Every other craft is getting ignored because of it but the hubby sure is enjoying every moment.

Anywhoo, I had some ripe bananas, made some bread and thought I would this banana bread recipe that is easy to alter according to your taste.  This recipe is a nice one for us beginners.  Even though it isn't a super easy, pour everything in a bowl, it is well worth the work.  [Mine is a little overcooked because I forgot to set the timer but you get the idea]. 


Here are the ingredients:

1/2 cup of softened butter
3/4 brown sugar [you can use white if you want]
2 eggs
2 1/3 cups of mashed ripe bananas
2 cups of flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon [add more if you like it]
1tsp of vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Optional:
1 cup of chocolate chips
nutmeg [I'm not a fan of it so I leave it out]

Preheat oven to 350.  Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl until it is light and fluffy.  Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition.

Stir in mashed bananas and vanilla. 
*** Just a note:  One of the secrets to moist banana bread is having enough mashed bananas. ***
In another bowl mix all the dry ingredients [flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt] Mix it together.

The second banana bread secret is DO NOT OVER MIX.  My first few banana breads were always a little dry and I realized that I was over mixing.  This is where a mom's gentle touch comes in handy.  Add the dry ingredients in a little at a time just until it is moist.  Even if there are a few lumps don't go stir crazy!  

Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips.  Line the pan with parchment paper. And bake at 350 for 50 minutes to an hour.  If your top begins to brown too quickly like mine just cover it with foil. 

And there you have it a yummy banana bread!! My hubby loves it and it makes a great snack to eat for the week. 

If you are looking for something that is more simple but just as delicious, try the banana muffin recipe.  It guarantee, it won't disappoint.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright