Slider

New Year's Resolution

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ack already 4 days into the new year and my to do list is a mile long.  Upcoming bridal shower, Boo's birthday, transitions back home, on and on and on and on.  I don't think I have been this busy in a long time.

But in all the busy-ness I did find time to make some new years resolutions.  How about you?  Last year, I actually fulfilled mine making me hopeful that this year I can do it again.  I spent all last year backing up all of my pictures online because I am so paranoid that my hard drive will crash and erase them all [which did happen this year and it only erased a few].  It doesn't seem like a big job, but I have thousands of pictures dating back from the beginning of mine and my hubby's love story in 2004. Now I can just upload pictures as I take them.

So onto this year's resolution.... Just a reminder that the important thing about goals is to make them specific and measurable [I learned this when I was an AVID tutor hehe].  So this years goal number one is to send out a birthday cards to those I am closest to.  I am the worst with birthdays.  NO JOKE, I always forget!  I have always admired Randy's grandma for being able to do it and she gets it on time too [amazing woman, yes she is].  I am going to try my best to do the same.  I already got a copy of her birthday calendar and even though it was a few days late, I mailed out my first birthday card to a lovely Aunt of ours.  Yeay!

The second resolution is to read at least three books a day with my Boo Bear.  I love to read and this is a love I want to pass onto her.  I try to read to her a lot throughout the day, but I will admit she probably watches too much Barney and Classical Baby so hopefully we can remedy that with this resolution.

One of our almost daily reading routines is story time with daddy.  Early in his deployment we got this package of a story and a DVD with a special message from him.  It was one of the sweetest surprises of my life.  So before bedtime we read The Very hungry Caterpillar to Boo Bear and she is starting to really enjoy it.

Aren't they the cutest?!

She still looks back and forth between the book and her daddy probably trying to figure out how he has the same book she does.

Her favorite part is turning the pages.  She just loves to turn them all by herself.

Isn't this the most precious gift?  It is provided to us thanks to the USO through donations.  If you are interested in providing this priceless gift to a military family you can go HERE for more information.  It really is something that we cherish.

And on that note, those are my resolutions.  Birthday cards and books.  It will be interesting to see if I can fulfill them!

2 comments:

  1. They are the cutest and sweetest! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a sweet and thoughtful gift. I love your resolutions, snail mail is a pain but so wonderful to receive. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright