Slider

Dr. Suess Cupcake Stand

Monday, January 30, 2012

Everyone has Valentines day in mind and all I can think about is Cindy's party..... Guess that is what happens when you have a baby in February.

Anywhoo, as I mentioned in the previous post, I am so inspired by the party thrown by the ladies on Hostess blog.   Like the banner, once I saw the cupcake stand I wanted to make one of my own!  So, I made my very own version of it.  I love how Suess-y it came out!

I looked up how much these cardboard cupcake stands cost online but they were expensive.  Yikes you might as well get a real one.  Then, as I was browsing through Joann's I saw that they were selling them for $6 and that is enough of a deal for me.  With a 50% off coupon I bought it.
 
It comes in a kit like this, plain-boring-dull and ready for some imagination!  It is actually pretty easy to put together as long as you read the directions.

 I used some left over paper from the banner I made, and a roll of wired ribbon I got at Michaels for $1!!!!  It is Christmas ribbon, 10 yards $8 bucks, and was on clearance for $1!! It made my day.  I made one of these cute bows.... and then I couldn't stop.

I at first only attached one row of bows going top to bottom but I went a little wild and just put them everywhere.  It just didn't look Suess-y enough with only three bows.  I can't wait to see how the cupcake stands hold up and if it performs well, I will be decorating more in the future.  It was so much fun. 

10 comments:

  1. Oh my heavens that is so adorable!!! I love the idea of a Seuss party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously that is so cute. is Cindy excited? or does she not quite get that all this awesomeness is for her?

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw, I really love the new layout/background

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic! we have a big birthday coming up in march, and i have that cake stand!! so now i know what i'll do with it

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is cute. I'm doing a Sip and See for my grandson and the theme is Cat in The Hat. I've been stressing out about a cake stand. This is so cute. I have some Dr Seuss theme ribbon at home.
    charlynn308@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well

    birthday wishes for best friend
    good morning images with quotes
    http://www.wishesmessagez.com
    http://www.indianfashionbox.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really awesome blog. I love it. So nice and welcoming i just love the way this website has been done. Love it. office.com/setup also check this one office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete
  8. This article has something new that the new bloggers need to adapt for the survival of their blogging. Regards:-
    office.com/setup | norton.com/setup | mcafee.com/activate

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright