Slider

How to Make Non Slip Socks

Monday, November 14, 2011

Fall is here, winter is right around the corner, and that means cold floors.  With Boo getting eager to walk and now that she is taking steps, those slippery socks have become a danger.  Poor thing slips and slides everywhere making it difficult for her to feel confident.  I wish I could let her go bare foot but it isn't worth having a sick baby.

So, I started looking for non slip socks.  I went to so many different stores and couldn't find any!  The closest things I could find were these darling Taget slippers, but after she spit up on them they became obsolete and are now waiting to be washed.  I finally decided to make my own!   It was so much easier than I thought it would be.

Here is what you will need:

Socks,  3D fabric paint, and some tissure paper [or plastic would work too].

Stuff the socks with the tissue paper so that the sole is flat.

Then start making dots using the fabric paint.  I did a simple design.

Right before it dried fully I smushed the dots down a little.  Then do the same to the other and WALA a pair of non slip socks!

Now I bet you are wonderin how well they work.  Well, we tested them out and they are great!  NO more slipping and sliding.  She has actually been taking more steps today than ever.

And as we were taking these pictures we got a package from daddy!  It was such a sweet surprise.

I am not a big Winnie the Pooh fan, but I actually loved this!  It was so cute and partially educational with a hint of adult humor [good ol' Disney].  

We highly reccommend it!

7 comments:

  1. Wes got Kaelyn Winnie the Pooh too! :) we're waiting until he gets back to watch together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever!!!!! Miss you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am goning to make one for my little one. you are ever so clever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is the thing that I call a colossal blog. Wonderfully composed.
    wholesale running sock

    ReplyDelete
  5. The socks are available in many colors and offer you amazing excellent in wearing. The kind of material used in the stitching and manufacturing is outclassing to ensure that the socks do not lose its original shape as a result of wear and tear. custom non slip socks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found that site very usefull and this survey is very cirious, I ' ve never seen a blog that demand a survey for this actions, very curious... view website

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. bulk diabetic socks online

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright