Slider

Ruffled Dress

Monday, November 28, 2011

As promised I am going to give you the link and tutorial for the cute little dress that I made for Boo Bear to wear for her first Thanksgiving.  It has been awhile since I have made anything for her and even though I waited until the night before to make it, it was so fun.  I got the main idea from the tutorial of the Rainbow Dress from Rae [with some minor changes] and though I love the rainbow idea, I didn't think it was very Thanksgiving-y.

 I bought this fabric from Beverly's in October and when I saw it, I knew it was perfect!  I just love all the colors and the fact that it was on sale was super!  I obviously only chose one print instead of a few different ones and I added pop with the headband and shoes she wore.
I wanted to show the dress in action but because it was cold for Thanksgiving most of it was covered by her cardigan SO... I took some pictures of her in it today, without the tights or cardigan to distract from the adorableness of the dress.   [One change I made was to the straps. Instead of rectangles, I curved one side so it is a little rounded.]

Is this not the cutest picture you have ever seen?!  This little girl is always on her tippy toes.  [Another change I made was I made all three tiers the same since she is still teeny].

Wanna know what she is looking at?  Mommy and Daddy's wedding picture.  

It was so cute because she kept saying da-da-da-da and waving her hand to say hi to him.

Then she got bored hehe.  But, I also made this cute matching yo-yo flower headband to match.  I just love the ruffled elastic!  I am definitely going to have to get more of that.
 
I just love this cute little dress and will for sure make it again, especially in the summer time.  It's surprisingly easy to make and is just darling.  So HERE is the link to the tutorial!

4 comments:

  1. Those eyes are so gorge-ous. Slightly jealous. When i have kids you'll just be my "creative-clothes-designer" okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, that is darling! She is just adorable, I wanna love on herrrr! Lol. I am jealous of your sewing skills. I do little projects but I dont have the patience to really learn to sew properly haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really awesome blog. I love it. So nice and welcoming i just love the way this website has been done. Love it. office.com/setup also check this one office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really awesome blog. I love it. So nice and welcoming i just love the way this website has been done. Love it. office.com/setup also check this one office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright