Slider

Headband Bonanaza

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

There is nothing I love more than headbands on little girls!  I always try to put a headband on Boo Bear and I think the day she tells me "NO!" I will cry.  My own bestie said Cindy isn't Cindy without a headband hehehe. 

I recently bought some elastic from My Sunshine Supplies for a really great price.  You can't beat $1.50 for five yards!  That is a steal and if you head over and order from them be sure to let them know I sent you! 

Once the elastic came, I couldn't wait to get make some headbands.  Cousin Krista came over last week because she wanted to learn how to make fabric roses and she brought her co-worker's daughter  Bailey.  We had a blast and Bailey loved all the headbands she got to make.  She picked out the fabric and made them all on her own.  How fun it is to be a tween with her animal print and super bright colors!

But the headband bonanza didn't end there.  A few weeks back, I promised my God daughters I would make some for them so last night, I let them design their own head bands.  We had a blast and it looked so cute on them! 

Angel chose these colors for her roses and then Chelsea followed big sister in wanting the same thing but a little bit different.  So this is the Angel headband.  They both got one and this one will be posted on my etsy site next week.

One fun thing about having the girls around was they told me exactly what they liked and they were great little designers.  Sometimes my brain goes dead and I don't know what to put on the headbands but they were so helpful!   Here is a preview of the ones that will be for sale next week for a super thrifty price.  This is the ballerina roses.  The pale pink just reminds me of ballerinas.

This is the pom pom and is made of pale pink tulle.  It is one of my favorites!  I jsut love the way the pom looks on their little heads!

And a fabric pom flower.

Aren't they the cutest?!

I wish I was cool enough to do a tutorial on the fabric roses but it is much easier to learn from a video.  I learned by googling and youtube searching fabric rose tutorials.  There are some great videos out there.  And don't be discouraged if it takes you some time to get it right because it took a lot of practice for me to do it. 

4 comments:

  1. Cindy Lynn needs to model a few!!!! mn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely see your thumb print in those flower headbands. That bonanza looked like y'all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful article, thanks for putting this together! This is obviously one great post. Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here. Votter

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really awesome blog. I love it. So nice and welcoming i just love the way this website has been done. Love it. office.com/setup also check this one office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright