Slider

It's Not Easy

Monday, November 7, 2011

I found this posted on facebook awhile back and I was very touched by it.  When times get hard or I get lonely and sad, I just read this.  It is titled Letter to a Military Spouse.

While I have never had the pleasure of meeting you or your husband, I felt the need to write you and express a very deep feeling that I have in my heart.
I, as a person, am not brave. I do not tackle things head on, as I hate confrontation. I will travel 100 miles out of my way just to avoid a conflict. I am an American woman that has no idea what is going on in the military other than what I hear on the news.

I have never had to let go of someone so that they could go fight for people that they didn't know, people that sometimes do not appreciate or understand what they are fighting for. 
I have never had to wait for months on end to hold the one that I loved so.
I have never had to tell my children that daddy wasn't coming home tonight because he was so far away fighting for something that they aren't yet old enough to understand.
I have never had to hold my head high and suppress the tears as I hear that it will be at least another six months of separation before my loved one gets to come home.
I have never had to deal with a holiday away from the one that I thought I would share every day of my life with.

For the reasons listed above, I can not tell you that I understand how you feel. I can not tell you that you must be strong. I can not say that you shouldn't be angry, because you "knew what you were getting into when you married a military man". I can not say these things because I have never had to walk in your shoes.
I do understand that as a military wife you are expected to uphold a certain amount of control, but I never understood how you could do it, until now.

I have figured out that you are not like other women. You are of a special breed. You have a strength within you that holds life together in the darkest of hours. The faith you have is what makes you stand out in a crowd; it makes you glow with emotion and swell with pride at the mention of The United States of America.

I realize that you are a stronger person than I will ever be because of these things and I just wanted to take the time today to say thank you to you and your family for allowing me that freedom.I hope that you know that no matter where you are...what you are doing...what has happened today...or what will happen tomorrow...Your husband will NEVER be "just another soldier" to me.... And you, dear sweet lady, will never be forgotten.

You are all in my prayer's everyday and I pray that God will bring you back together with your loved one safely.

May God Bless You!
(Author Unknown)

So touched by the words written by this anonymous writer.

Being a military wife isn't easy.  There are days that my heart aches and even though there are people all around, there is an empty hole in my heart because the one person that matters the most isn't there.  There are times when I would trade in all my material belongings to get one hug, just one to bring the warmth and comfort.  There are moments when I wish I could tap my red ruby slippers and wish us  all home together again.

And through it all there is no other place I would rather stand than by the side of this man who makes me so proud.

3 comments:

  1. Aww! :,( I love you and Randy! You ARE the most brave woman I know Patty! God bless you and Randy for doing what you do! I admire you so much for being capable to support your husband in his career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a great military wife. We miss you in Spangdahlem. We are so proud of the people who serve. Hurry Home... Auntie Marlaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really awesome blog. I love it. So nice and welcoming i just love the way this website has been done. Love it. office.com/setup also check this one office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright