Slider

Mini Tutorial: Passport Cozee

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Today I will be doing the mini tutorial for the passport cover from yesterday [yeay].  Mini meaning I am going to show you the real tutorial and how I made mine differently.This is a great sewing project for beginners! 

I found the passport tutorial on this lovely blog Bunny Bum and made a  few changes.  Be sure to read both our tutorials before you start.

I first cut out all the pattern pieces [one outer, one inner] plus an extra peice of interfacing [to give the cozee a little more stiffness and body].
Then, lay out the peices as follows.... inside fabric right side up, outside fabric wrong side up, then the interfacing on top of that. [just as it shows in the picture]. 

Then pin and sew as the directions say. [Tip: Sew along the interfacing, be sure that you sew perfectly straight or else the sides wont match up when folded.]

Once it is all sewed, I cut around all the sides 1/8 of an inch minus two inches on the short side as tutorial says [and trimmed the corners of course].  Be careful not to cut through the seam!  See the difference bettween the 1/4 and 1/8 seam.

And be sure to leave the opening 1/4 of an inch. 

Turn your fabric inside out as the tutorial states [the interfacing should be on the inside], poke the corners out, and iron.

The last change I made was I did not sew around the passport cover and then the top sides as #5 states.  After it was ironed out, I only sewed up the short sides.

Then, I folded the flaps according to the measurements, and sewed along the top and bottom.  I thought it looked nicer with only one seam along the top and bottom instead of two.

And WALA you have a lovely passport cover!!  The neat thing about these is that you can personalize them and add all sorts of cute imbellishments.  On this pink one, I embriodered a pink tree to match the print.

I will have to do a mini tutorial to show that when I make my Boo's and I's passport covers!  Now get to work and make one for yourself!

3 comments:

  1. Office Setup Help is a US based company started in 2012 by a group of proficients in the technical world. We are a Development and outsourcing company providing ITES i.e Information Technology Enabled Services.We believe in hardwork and research and continue to do so with utmost dedication and belief.Our team consists of the best of nurturing talents with a tinge of utmost experience. We have been developing web applications right from our studying years and now have developed into a self evolving IT firm. We aim at providing you solutions for every MS office technical issue you experience.
    www.office.com/setup
    Office Help
    Office Com Setup
    Office Setup Help

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really awesome blog. I love it. So nice and welcoming i just love the way this website has been done. Love it. office.com/setup also check this one office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, I just love the way this website has been done. Love it
    www.office.com/setup
    office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright