Slider

Luggage Identifier Tutorial

Monday, July 25, 2011

Welcome to day one of Frazzle Free Travel Week!! Yeay!  Not to mention this will be my very first tutorial.  Please excuse my poor picture quality pictures but camera is still MIA. 

So let me introduce the Luggage Identifier.  Thank you Auntie Marlaine for the great idea [she saw it at an airport].   Because of your awesome idea you get a pair for your luggage!

Have black luggauge just like the other 90% of travelers?  Me too!  With this quilted lugguage identifier I can now easily spot my luggage as it goes round and round the corral. 

Want one for yourself?  Let me know and maybe I will make a few more OR you can make one yourself!!  This is a great sewing project for beginners, or if you have a lot of scraps, or want to craft with only a limited amount of free time.  So lets get started.

What you will need:

3 pieces of 2.5 by 6 in rectangles [for front]
1 piece of 6 by 6 in square [for back]
1 piece of batting felt 6 by 6 in
1 strip of 5 inch velcro OR three snaps

Sew the three rectangle pieces 1/4 inch seam to create a square like so. [This can be substituted for one 6 by 6 in square]

Decide how you want to quilt them [I used a quilt marker that disappears with water to draw my lines]. Quilt the square onto the batting. 

Then lay the pieces right sides together. The batting should be on the flat surface and the wrong side of the backside should be facing up.

Pin them together then sew 1/4 in seam all the way around leaving a small opening.

Trim edges and clip our corners.  Pull the peices rigth side out and iron.  Sew all the way around as close to the edge as possible [1/8 in].

Now lets apply the velcro.  Lay your square so the pieces are vertical.  Place the velcro on the bottom of the square as close to the edge, pin and sew.

Turn the fabric over and sew the other velcro piece on the top.  They should be on opposite sides and opposite ends. 

If you are using snaps, it is the same idea.  I did pointy on the bottom of the front.

And the hole part of the snaps on the top of the backside.

Test it out and WALA you have a cute luggage identifier.  I have already placed mine on my suitcase and now I can't wait to get packing for our vacation!

4 comments:

  1. Great instructions - thank you. Can I wash them with the batting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really awesome blog. I love it. So nice and welcoming i just love the way this website has been done. Love it. office.com/setup also check this one office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, I just love the way this website has been done. Love it
    www.office.com/setup
    office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright