Slider

Doughnuts From a Can of Biscuits

Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy Friday everyone!!  Awhile ago my friend Petronie made me these doughnuts and they were so yummy I had to know her secret.  I was shocked when she told me they came from a can of buscuits!  Seriously!  And one little can makes plenty!  My talented friend can make them look like real doughnuts but I am not that good so I stuck to doughnut bites.  They are seriously so easy to make and were the perfect antidote for my doughnut cravings.

For the small ones, you cut the busciut into fourths[halves for the jelly filled]  and roll it into a flat circle.  It will puff up when dropped into the oil.  Heat a pan of oil on medium heat.  I would do a test one before throwing in a whole batch.  The doughnut bite should sink, then come to the surface and slowly start to turn golden.  Flip it and when it is done, place it on a paper towel to drain excess oil.  The process is very fast, only a few minutes.  However, if you drop your doughnut bite in and it turns golden super fast, the dough inside is probably not cooked. 

I rolled these ones in some cinnamon sugar and they tasted so yummy!!!

And like I said, be sure to do a test one to make sure it is cooked inside before doing an entire batch.  

Now, there are these German doughnuts that I am obsessed with.  They are jelly filled and sprinkled with sugar both powder and regular.  When I made these, jelly was on my mind.  I just put regular jelly inside but I think next time I am going to buy the special ones they sell at our German grocery store.  I put it in a squeeze bottle and filled the doughnuts.  Then rolled them in regular sugar and powdered sugar.  Not as good as the ones at the bakery but they are pretty yummy! 

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness !!! these are beyond dangerous !! yum thanks for the idea -.-

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are here to help you out with the whole procedure to Download Microsoft Office online, We not only fix your MS office setup related issues but will guide with how to get started with your new Office 2016 product once it get installed successfully. So why are you waiting for just ask whatever question you have via live chat online. visit officecom/setup More Info Call Now 1 855 869 6776 For More visit www.office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright