Slider

Marshmallow Fondant Recipe

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Anyone in the birthday spirit?!  I am and should be considering I have a party to plan and execute in less than a month.  If you know me, you know I am always trying to save a buck.  Last year, I saved a lot of money on Cindy's cake by having the baker print an image on edible paper instead of fondant.  It turned out really nice too.  This year, I am going to save money again by buying a plain cake and decorating it myself using marshmellow fondant!  Here is a simple cake I whipped up for my hubby birthday.

Making this stuff is so easy and it looks just like plain fondant but tastes better.  Here is the recipe:

4 cups of mini marshmallows [unpacked]
4 cups of powdered sugar plus extra for dusting
2 tbsp of water
food coloring

I cut the recipe in half since I didn't need to make as much.  Also, if you only have large marshmallows  just cut them into smaller pieces. 

To start, put the marshmallows and water into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for a minute or less until the marshmallows and fluffy.  Then mix it up with a spatula to make sure it is all melted.  If not, put it back in the microwave for a few more seconds.  If you are only making one color, you can add food coloring now.

Then, pour in the powdered sugar and mix.  Once you can't mix it anymore, put powdered sugar on your hands and a cutting board.

Start kneading the fondant adding more powdered sugar as needed.  Don't add too much though because it will make it hard to work with.  You can wrap it tight in plastic wrap and save for later or work with it now. I split my fondant into two parts, added food coloring, and kneaded it into the dough.  Then, I rolled it out and cut the shapes.  I didn't have circle cookie cutters so I used my metal measuring spoons and it turned out just fine.

Then I placed it to my frosted cake.  Because the fondant was kind of covered with powdered sugar, I brushed a little water to each circle so the color would pop.  

Easy peasy... Oh the possibilities!

The best part is, you can make it a few days before and then use it when needed.  My plan is to make fondant pieces inspired by these two cake and place them on a store bought frosted cake.  Fingers crossed it works out!   [Images found HERE on my Pinterest board]

2 comments:

  1. I waѕ гecommended thiѕ ωebsitе bу
    mу cousin. Ι аm not ѕuгe whether this ρost іs
    written by him as noboԁy else κnow ѕuch detailed about my
    troublе. You're amazing! Thanks!
    Have a look at my blog post : www.sfgate.Com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are here to help you out with the whole procedure to Download Microsoft Office online, We not only fix your MS office setup related issues but will guide with how to get started with your new Office 2016 product once it get installed successfully. So why are you waiting for just ask whatever question you have via live chat online. visit officecom/setup More Info Call Now 1 855 869 6776 For More visit www.office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright