Slider

Crocheted Boot Cuffs and Leg Warmers

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

As you know,  I have been wanting to learn to crochet.  A few weeks ago I did my first project, the fingerless gloves.  They were a great starter project, but I needed more things to make as pracitice.  My cousin sent me a huge box of crafting items and inside there was a small ball of white yarn.  I thought about what I could make, and it came to me.... boot cuffs.  Then that inspired me to make my Boo Bear some leg warmers.  I can't wait for her to wear them to dance class.

I got the pattern for the boot cuffs from Vanessa at See Vanessa Craft.  She gives a great tutorial.  The ones she made are so much more adorable!  I tried the scalloped trim on my cuffs but with the type of yarn I was using it just didn't look right.

They still came out pretty cute though.  I was running low on yarn so I had to make mine a little shorter.  My only suggestion is to make the ribbed top portion of the cuff a little longer.  I wish more of the rim of the cuff was showing but I am still pretty happy with them considering it is my second project.

But these are not nearly as cute as the leg warmers!  I am biased though because I love leg warmers, especially on little girls.  I used the same pattern but of course made it smaller and made the body portion a lot longer and thicker.  Otherwise, it's the same idea.  Maybe next time I will actually write my own pattern.  HA!

I love them on her and they go perfectly with her little black leotard.  So, if you want to make some cute boot cuffs or even leg warmers head on over to Vanessa's site for the pattern.  She gives great step by step instructions with pictures!  Perfect for a beginner.   

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the link to the tutorial. I learned how to crochet last year so I could make my daughter headbands. I have been looking for a pattern for leg warmers since. Yours came out too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the link to the tutorial. I learned how to crochet last year so I could make my daughter headbands. I have been looking for a pattern for leg warmers since. Yours came out too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both the cuffs and the legwarmers turned out so darn cute! I'm trying to learn to knit -- not very successfully -- but your new skill is great! Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the leg warmers for your little girl. Can you tell me the dimensions and the number of chains that you started with.

    Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used one of your images (and gave you full credit with links back to you) in my blog post today. Just wanted to let you know - you can access it here if interested:

    http://petuniapill.blogspot.com/2013/03/warming-chubby-little-legs.html

    Your idea for using the boot cuff and making it longer was brilliant! And your little model is beyond adorable! I've made a few pairs thus far...and plan to make more. Sooooo adorable for little girls.

    I found you via Pinterest...such a fun and inspiring place. Loved this post!!!!

    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the leg warmers! I having been crocheting for years and love it. I tried to follow the directions on the link you sent but I can't get past row 6. Can you tell me what you did?? Your's are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are here to help you out with the whole procedure to Download Microsoft Office online, We not only fix your MS office setup related issues but will guide with how to get started with your new Office 2016 product once it get installed successfully. So why are you waiting for just ask whatever question you have via live chat online. visit officecom/setup More Info Call Now 1 855 869 6776 For More visit www.office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright