Slider

How to Make a Hand Wreath

Friday, December 2, 2011

Since Thanksgiving ended I have been dying to get into the Christmas mood but have been holding back until today.  I know most of you already started listening to the music, put up the tree, etc etc etc....  but I didn't want Christmas to feel like forever long, so I waited.

And HIP HIP HOORAY it's December 1st and I can officially unleash all the cheerful-ness!!  Bring on the peppermint hot chocolate, Christmas tree, and it's time to bring on the gift wrapping and crafts.

All November I have been thinking about what to get my hubby and what I can send to him.  I want him to be able to have some decorations that will bring the Christmas-y mood on over and I remembered this hand wreath and thought it would be perfect!

Isn't it adorable that it is made from Boo's hands?!  This is the perfect craft if you have toddlers or young elementary kiddos.



You will need some green construction paper, ribbon, a paper plate, glue, red paint [optional].

Fold the green construction paper into halves, or fourth's depending on how small your kiddos hands are.  Trace their hands on the paper.  This was no easy task with a wiggly almost 10 month old. 

Cut the little hands out.  Use the ones with the pen marks as a stencil to create even more hands so you don't have to keep tracing your little one's hands.  If your kiddo know how to use scissors let them help. This is great practice to fine tune those motor skills.

Cut the inside of the paper plate out so you only have the rim.  If you don't have a paper plate you can essentially use anything that is circular.

Tie a piece of ribbon to the top.  This will be how the wreath will be hung.

Now start gluing those little itty bitty hands on in all sorts of directions.

Overlap them and make the wreath as thick or thin as you want until it is all filled.

This is how it looks on the back.

I added some red berries by dipping an ear swab into red paint and randomly dotting different areas of the wreath.  Then I added a little ribbon to the top.  It is goofy looking, but I worked with what I had. 

And WALA a hand wreath!  It actually turned out a lot nicer than I expected.  I think it is so cute and I hope it puts a smile on her daddy's handsome face.

2 comments:

  1. omg that is soooo cute! I am so doing this with the girls ;) Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really awesome blog. I love it. So nice and welcoming i just love the way this website has been done. Love it. office.com/setup also check this one office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright