Slider

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Other than not having my hubby here, I have been enjoying this Christmas season.  As I speak, I am sitting in front of a nice warm fire blaring in the fireplace, watching Alfred Hitchcock, and debating about whether to have a hot chocolate or milkshake for dessert.  There is a cold chill in the air and all that is missing is the snow [that I ironically miss from Germany].  Sounds wonderful doesn't it?

Today was a wonderful mommy and me day and during nap time I made some of these cuties to put in my  lovely hubby's Christmas box.  I use to love getting and making these little candy cane reindeer when I was a kid and it is just as fun as an adult!


They are super duper easy to make.  I used a glue gun but if you have kiddos that you are doing this with, I recommend  using glue dots.  You will need some pipe cleaners, googly eyes, red pom poms, and candy canes of course.  I used the Starburst ones because my hubby isn't a peppermint fanatic like I am.

Glue on the nose and eyes.

Then put a little glue on the bottom of the curve and place the middle of the pipe cleaner on it.  Put a little glue on the top and twist.  Fold one long side in half and then the other.  Then twist it in place.

Bend the antlers around and WALA you have a cute little reindeer!!  Adorable right?!  Now what can you do with it other than eat it [and they are yummy let me tell you].  You can place them in a vase and use it as decoration [my mother in law loved it!].

You can also add them to the Christmas tree.

And this year, other than sending some to my hubby, I will also be adding them as a little extra to the Christmas gifts.

So enjoy Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer while I go make a milk shake.

4 comments:

  1. Love it!! These are already on our crafty to do list ;) I cant wait for the girls to make them. finally something I dont have to help so much with lol. I tried the peppermint hot cocoa, and gave you a shoutout on my latest post! Lol. I also did the ornaments last night. We will be painting them today, and I'll give ya another shoutout when I get around to posting that blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute!! love your new blog design too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these reindeer bring back memories. I love them! I'm glad you blogged about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really awesome blog. I love it. So nice and welcoming i just love the way this website has been done. Love it. office.com/setup also check this one office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright