Slider

Ditching the Mom Guilt

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

  I shared with you our costumes from last year.  I must confess seeing these pictures gave me mom guilt.  Every year I go out of my way to make our costumes.  It's one of my favorite things to do. Other than all the Christmas traditions, making costumes is my thing.  I just love every part of it.

 This year I decided that I was not going to make them.  With being room mom, and field trips, two Halloween parties, pumpkin carving, meetings, a visit and all the rest I knew I would be stretched too thin. It was a shock to everyone who knows me, but it was the right decision.  As hard as it was to say NO, I can see it was a sign of my maturity.  I was telling the hubby the thing he has been telling me for years.  I can't do everything all the time.  

So instead of getting down because I was feeling the mommy guilt, I decided to take this opportunity and turn it into a memorable moment.  Instead of just buying costumes we made a day out of it. We went out to eat and to a few stores to go on the hunt for our our super hero gear.  We finally ended up at Party City.  Can you tell she is excited?

This was the first time she has ever gone costume shopping.  I gave her the honor of choosing the costumes for all of us. Totally her thing because she thinks she's the boss. 

We had a blast trying on different super heros but once we tried them on, she knew.  This crazy little lady didn't care for the pink frou frou or cutesy tutu.  She decided we were going to be the Incredibles.  We have been watching the movie and it's very fitting because I think these people I get to share life with are pretty incredible.  

It's not just about getting the costume or making it.  I'm not just trying to buy her love by buying her things.  It's not about the stuff, it's about the time.  We had the best time together and I know this will be a memory for her as much as having a costume made from me.  Here's what I learned this year... sometimes I think I have to sacrifice my sanity and sleep to do it all.  This is totally a lie because what the  kiddos really want is time and experiences with a very present and not exhausted ME.  It's not about the stuff I can give, it's about giving them myself.  

Happy Fall everyone! 


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

1 comment:

  1. We are here to help you out with the whole procedure to Download Microsoft Office online, We not only fix your MS office setup related issues but will guide with how to get started with your new Office 2016 product once it get installed successfully. So why are you waiting for just ask whatever question you have via live chat online. visit officecom/setup More Info Call Now 1 855 869 6776
    www.office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright