Slider

Toddler Valentine Crafts and Butterfly Lollipop Cards

Thursday, February 13, 2014

It's a miracle that I am actually getting to post about our holidays crafts before the holiday has passed.  Ha!  Valentines Day is one of my favorites growing up and when I was in the classroom.  So much pink and sweets... love in the air.  I love it.  Here are some of the crafts we did in honor of the month of love.  Wish we could fit more in with our busy schedules, but you can't have it all.

Just a note if you are doing crafts with toddlers, be sure to have all the pieces cut and ready to go before you let them dig in.  Like with this craft, I knew she wouldn't be able to last if we had to wrap all the juice boxes and if she had to sit and wait for me to cut all the butterflies and pieces so I had those ready to go.  She just had to use glue dots to apply the eyes and glue to put the butterfly pieces on.  

For her Valentine party at school I signed up to bring the juice boxes and found this idea on pinterest and you all voted for it on my Facebook page.  I found the straws at the dollar store and used Juicy Juice because the juice boxes are taller.

 I think juice boxes are so much more adorable when they are covered like this.  Her inability to put the eyes on straight really worked well in her favor. She kept calling them monsters.  They are just so fun!

Since there are only seven kids in her class I thought it would be fun to make homemade Valentines.  I would definitely not attempt this if your kiddo has more than 10.  Little lollipop butterflies!  

She was so into this.  I love that she even signed her name on the back.  It's so funny that she can do the CIN but then needs a little help with the rest.  

And today at her party she was so proud to show her friends the little Valentines she made.  I am so glad I got to be there to see her passing out cards and getting them.  She enjoyed it so much.  I'm such a sap and I can blame the preggo hormones, but it was her first Valentines Day at school and a special one. 

If you are looking for a last minute craft to do with the kiddos these were fun.

We made a card for daddy.  Cut pieces for inside the heart and of course added some glitter.  She loves glitter.

A paper plate heart fish.

And a heart tree.  For the heart leaves I cut thin strips, then she folded them in half and glued the two open ends to form a heart.  

Gotta run for now I still have some more preparations for tomorrow!  Happy almost Valentines Day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Where did you find the wrapping paper for the juicy juice boxes for valentines?

    mandy1721t@yahoo.com is my current email not the gmail listed.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright