Slider

Hello Beautiful! - Skin Care (bonus Eczema Skin Care)

Tuesday, February 25, 2014


Today I wanted to share a little about my skin care. As some of you already know I do have eczema, so as requested I will be posting my eczema skin care routine as well. 

For starters, when my eczema is under control (which has been for the past year) here are my following skin care routines... 

I use Mary Kay's TimeWise skin care line. Quick side story: I was anti Mary Kay (for over 10 years - only because I have eczema and knew that it wouldn't work for me). Well I went to a Mary Kay party with a friend, I tried the skin care line and to my surprise my skin didn't break out in rashes. So I was interested in it but didn't want to spend the money on it so I hosted a party to earn my products for free. So here we are a year later and my skin actually loves it! I tried other products like Nerium but unfortunately it didn't work on my skin (not to say that it won't work on yours - my mom likes it)

Normal Skin Care Routine
1. Take off eye make up with Mary Kay Eye Make Up Remover
2. Rinse face with warm water
3. Apply a pea size amount of Mary Kay Time Wise 3 in 1 cleanser
4. Wet Mary Kay cleansing brush and turn on brush and scrub away
5. Gently pat face dry
6. Apple a pea size amount of Mary Kay Time Wise Moisturizer
7. Then I apply Mary Kay Time Wise Day or Night solution (not pictured)

For when my Eczema is out of whack here are my products of choice...


Eczema Skin Care Routine for Face & Body
(if my eczema flares up I would naturally NOT wear any make up)
1. Rinse face/body with warm water
2. Clean face/body with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser or the Cleansing Bar 
(not pictured - is my favorite)
3. Gently pat face/body dry
4. Massaging the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream to face
5. Apply Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion to body

Sometimes when my face doesn't need to be so moisturized I apply the Lotion to my face instead of the Cream. Also in addition to Cetaphil products I use my prescribed creams or ointments. Usually (depending on severity of eczema) they only prescribe steroid creams to only your body. There were times when they prescribed me steroid creams to use on my face TEMPORARILY. See I emphasize that because there are ramifications for using steroid creams to your face, I know from first hand experience. It is tempting to use it on your face because they work faster however it thins out your skin. I used to have it really bad around my ears, lips, and neck. I used steroid creams around those areas and now I have these lines around my lips (often seen on more mature skin). Also if you look closely around my ears and neck you may notice that my skin does look thinner.

Some may ask why I use Cetaphil instead of Aveeno... See the key to Eczema is to know what you are allergic to. In case you didn't know Eczema, Asthma, and Allergies are all correlated. So for me when I have an outbreak of Eczema it is because it is a response to something I am allergic to. Aveeno has oats and I am topically allergic to oats. Also a few other helpful hints for those who suffer from Eczema is drink tons of water (be sure to drink a whole glass before going to bed), moisturize before going to bed, and consider sleeping with a humidifier.

If you have any questions regarding my routines or eczema please comment below! Stay tuned for next week's post... Hello Beautiful Vlog Roll!


















4 comments:

  1. Have a great time
    To select the best cream for your diuseases.Eczema is regarded as a damaging skin disease. Inflammation takes place inside the skin. Additionally, it leads to dried-out skin as well as irritation. Sometimes it can potentially lead to hurtful cracks. To acquire relief from eczema, many people depended on cream for eczema. Permit me to share with you the best creams I always make use of to get relief from eczema.Read more at-skin cream for eczema

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Can I have permission to share this on my blog? I will credit you that I took it from your blog. Thanks.
    88beautiesinpink.blogspot.com
    Email: 888beautiesinpink@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read your blog it is very helpful for me. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates. face toner

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright